Monday, October 26, 2015

Halloween Entry Table ~ Black and White Decor

Elegant Black and White Halloween Decor ll The Decorated House Blog

The Snickers and other chocolate bars are ready for the big night,  and the crows are still in a party mood and ready as well.  I remember one year trying to chose some kind of healthier snack for trick or treat, and the kids look at me like I was from another planet. Probably boxed raisins or something like that. Not what the little monsters wanted on Halloween that was for sure. Of course I have really fond memories of the candy we used to haul home when we were kids. I seldom had candy at home during the rest of the year, so it was tough not to be selfish and hide your own stash from other siblings. Today, maybe one little snickers, and that will take care of it for me. But I can't keep them in the house or one might not settle the craving.

I use this nice size urn all year long. For now it supports 3 pumpkins in a topiary style. Since I have so little color in any of the decorations, I chose to use a more traditional color pumpkin for the center. The table will remain much the same for the rest of Fall except for the obvious Halloween decor. I wanted a little touch of traditional fall color and the pumpkin does that very well, and will be perfect for a Fall looking arrangement. 

See Y'All Soon~

4 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,

    Thanks so much for your sweet comments about my dining room - so appreciate it! And for stopping by my very new blog!

    I love, love the Halloween decorations! All black and white is so chic for Halloween!

    Best,
    Sheila
    www.maisondecinq.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila,
      Hope you have a fun weekend. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  2. Donna,
    Gorgeous entry table all decked out for Halloween!!!
    I adore the PoP of Traditional orange for accent with your black and white!!!
    I totally understand your "healthy" snack attempts!!!
    One year we gave out Halloween pencils (with the candy)
    one little ghoul stated,'Oh yeah. . .just what I wanted on Halloween, NOT".
    We never did that again. . .we, too, have snack size Snickers!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pat, that is so funny! Yes, we now know on Halloween they do "expect" candy. And I guess only candy! Little ghouls indeed. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna